Fluke 1577 – Two Powerful Tools in One
Electrical workers repeatedly emphasize the significance of checking insulation resistance. Insulation resistance tools are essential for a preventative maintenance program and are used to troubleshoot a wide range of utility, industrial, and commercial applications.
Fluke now offers a tool for every budget and demand, ranging from tiny handhelds to a portable 10 kV unit. They even have a full-featured insulation tester with built-in multimeter functions—it’s two products in one! Every tester in the range is constructed to Fluke standards, which means it goes above and beyond your expectations. These tools are all tough, dependable, accurate, and simple to use, resulting in cheaper long-term ownership costs, lower calibration costs, lower maintenance and replacement expenses, and a longer product life cycle.
The Fluke 1577 Insulation Multimeters combine a digital insulation tester and a full-featured, true-RMS digital multimeter in a single small, handheld tool for optimum versatility in troubleshooting and preventative maintenance. Fluke insulation multimeters provide exceptional capability in a single tool, whether you work on motors, generators, cables, or switch gear. You don’t have to go back to the truck, shop, or tool crib to grab the extra tool you need to finish the task. They are tough, dependable, and simple to operate, as you would expect from Fluke. All of this adds up to a game-changing solution that saves you time and money. The Fluke 1577 insulation multimeter is both 600 V CAT IV and 1000 V CAT III safe. They are intended for use on service entrances with voltages up to 600 V and on PWM inverter DC buses with voltages up to 1000 V.
- Large display with backlight.
- Insulation test (1577: 0.1 MΩ to 600 MΩ).
- Insulation test voltages (1577: 500 V, 1000 V) for many applications.
- Live circuit detection prevents insulation testing if voltage > 30 V is detected for added user protection.
- Auto-discharge of capacitive voltage for added user protection.
- AC/DC voltage, DC milliVolts, AC/DC milliamps, Resistance (Ω), Continuity.
- Filter for motor drive measurements.
- Capacitance, diode test, temperature, Min/Max, frequency (Hz).
- Auto power off to save battery power.
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category.
- Accepts optional Fluke TPAK™ magnetic hanging system to free your hands for other work.
- The rugged, utility hard case allows you to bring everything you need for the job.
- Three-year warranty.
Engineers can now integrate several instruments without increasing physical size or sacrificing troubleshooting functionality or safety features because of higher circuit density and developments in safety design. The finest example is the Fluke 1577 Insulation multimeter.
The Insulation Multimeter is a new type of test tool that combines a True-rms DMM and a megohmmeter. It is a comprehensive tool for maintaining and troubleshooting motor systems, electrical distribution, and manufacturing equipment. Carrying this new instrument will allow you to test insulation more frequently, resulting in more thorough maintenance testing and more successful troubleshooting. It will also save you time from going “back to the shop” to get an insulation tester.