Your go-to Multimeter – Fluke 87v Max
Fluke has a long history of producing some of the best digital multimeters due to their reliability, durability, and accuracy. All of its multimeters are built to protect both the equipment and the users. The Fluke 87v max is one of their top-of-the-line multimeters, and many consider it to be the industry standard. In the legendary 80 series, the 87V max is the top-of-the-line model. It is one of the Flukes’ best-selling multimeters, and industry professionals frequently use it. When it’s time to get your hands dirty, Fluke 87V Max multimeter is required. These powerful and dependable meters are ideal for industrial use, with a larger display and up to 50% faster measurements that provide more data in less time to assist you in making better decisions. This rugged, dependable industrial meter is ideal for an electrical engineer or technician looking for the “ultimate” metering solution. This digital multimeter is a high-quality and dependable piece of equipment that can be used for practically any electrical task in your home or the office.
- An auto-ranging and true RMS function multimeter
- Bigger LCD Display and has 20,000 counts display with backlight
- AC/DC voltage measurements. AC and DC voltage range 1000V
- Current measurement in microamps.
- Continuity test with beep alarm option.
- Min/max ranges for high precision.
- Separate diode test option
- Auto shutdown in case of inactivity of 15 mins.
- Compatible with Cat-III and Cat-IV standard test leads
- Enhanced battery life due to 3x AA batteries.
Power Features/ Diagnostics
- Auto off: 30 minutes – To disable it, hold down the yellow function button while turning on the power with the dial at the same time. Turn off and on again to re-enable.
- Disable beeper: Hold the Continuity button and turn on the power at the same time..
- Calibration mode: While turning on the AC volts, hold MIN/MAX. For calibration count, avoid pressing anything other than AutoHOLD.
- Smoothing: To smooth an edgy signal, press Range while turning on the power.
- High impedance mode: To test sensitive electronics, hold Hz while powering on.
- Fuse checker: Test amps and milliamps jacks with the red probe only in its ‘home’ (main) terminal — ‘OL’ would indicate a blown fuse..
- Diagnostic screen check: While turning on, hold AutoHOLD to illuminate every digit and icon.
- Button check: Change the voltage to AC and then press each button for a beep.
Build Quality and Design
The fluke 87v max is designed specifically for industrial use and tough environments. By complementing IP67 standards, the design is both waterproof and dustproof. Furthermore, The IP67 rating is totally protected against dust, and Protected from immersion between 15 centimeters and 1 meter in depth. when I mention IP67, the majority of multimeters begin to compromise on input jack insulation and drop-tested certifications. However, the Fluke 87v max has a 13-foot drop test certification. Its exterior silicon casing, which easily absorbs most of the hops and jerks, makes it impenetrable to drops.
Safety and Protection
Any tool that requires calibration must prioritize safety. It is critical for both tools and technicians. A 10A fuse is installed at the amperes jack, and a 400mA fuse is installed at the mA socket to ensure that power surges do not worsen. This not only protects the multimeter from being blown apart but also keeps track of its calibration levels. You may also utilize it perfectly thanks to IP67 and 4-meter drop testing certifications. It comes with test leads that can easily monitor voltages up to 1000v in both AC and DC circuits.
HVAC technicians, General Contractors, Facilities Maintenance, Electronics Technicians, Automotive Techs, and Engineers are among those who will benefit the most from the Fluke 87V digital multimeter. This multimer has a lot of advanced capabilities and is more accurate than most people will require for home use or other construction jobs.
Other Interesting Articles: